So what are YMYL pages
So what are YMYL pages?
Well it stands for “Your Money, Your Life “. This term is used by Google for specific types of websites, and webpages on the internet. These can be any sites that offer the following services to their clients.
According to Google:
“There are some pages for which PQ (Page Quality) is particularly important. We call these pages ‘Your Money or Your Life’ (YMYL) pages. They are pages that can have an impact on your current or future well-being (physical, financial, safety, etc.). YMYL pages should come from reputable websites and the content should be created with a high level of expertise and authority.”
So how can we do this? Do we actually have to hire someone working for Google? It seems like a really difficult task for an individual to be able to satisfy Google in terms of YMYL, right?
OK, so what are these pages called YMYL or Your Money Your Life pages?
The information below has been taken from Google’s quality guidelines in order for you to understand what YMYL pages are according to Google.
· Pages that solicit personal information, such as personal identification numbers, bank account numbers, driver’s license numbers, etc., which could be used for identify theft.
· Pages used for monetary transactions, on which users might give their credit account or bank account information; for example, any page that allows you to buy something.
· Pages that offer medical or health information that could impact your physical well-being.
· Pages offering advice on major life decisions, such as pages on parenting, purchasing a home, a vehicle, etc.
· Pages offering advice on major life issues that could impact your future happiness and finances, such as pages giving legal or financial advice.
Thankfully Google has given us this information to plan and adjust our websites to get a better ranking.
As you can see, it is going to be very difficult for someone to satisfy Google in this regard. But at least for now if you can prove to Google that you are Trustworthy, Reputable and Authoritative enough to be in Google search ranking, then you are one of the luckiest. But remember that this will get more competitive as time goes by. Therefore, try to hire someone who knows what they are doing if you want to be in the GAME.